2019 Wilhelm F. Rosenblatt Scholarship
Scholarship applications are now being accepted!
The New Mexico Public Health Association (NMPHA) has established a scholarship fund in memory of Wilhelm F. Rosenblatt, MD and in recognition of his outstanding contributions to public health in New Mexico.
The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded in July 2019 to two Master of Public Health (MPH) students in New Mexico who are working towards a public health career.
The following candidates may apply to become a Rosenblatt Scholar:
• Graduate students enrolled in a MPH program as a part-time or full-time student at University of New Mexico or New Mexico State University and have obtained at least 12 graduate credits towards the MPH program
• Planning to register for the Fall 2019 Term
In addition to the scholarship, Rosenblatt Scholars will receive the following benefits:
• Free one-year membership in NMPHA
• Free full-conference registration to attend the 2020 NMPHA Conference
• Participation in the 2020 Rosenblatt Scholarship fundraising event
• Participation in the 2020 Scholar Selection process
• Highlights of your studies and service efforts on the NMPHA website and our social media feed
Along with your role as Rosenblatt Scholar, you are expected to maintain student status for the Fall 2019 term and actively engage in the New Mexico public health community.
To apply, please provide the following requirements:
• A completed and signed application form (found on the next page)
• A copy of your unofficial transcript
• A short resume or CV including your education, work, recognitions, and awards, particularly in the field of public health
• Have one faculty member at your MPH program provide a letter of recommendation
o If you plan to submit your application by mail, the letter should be in a sealed envelope with the faculty member’s signature across the seal.
o If you plan to submit by email, have the faculty member e-mail the letter to email@example.com with the subject: “Rosenblatt Recommendation.”
Please deliver your complete application package by June 14, 2019, Friday, by mail (Rosenblatt Scholarship Application; New Mexico Public Health Association, P.O. Box 26433, Albuquerque, NM 87125) or by e-mail (Subject line: “Rosenblatt Scholarship Application”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mailed application packages received after the deadline have to be postmarked on or before June 14, 2019.
Scholarship recipients will be informed of their awards by July 4, 2019. No other candidates will be informed of the Selection Committee’s award decisions, but everyone may consult the website for award details after July 4.
Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Rosenblatt Scholarship!
Rosenblatt Scholarship Fundraiser
Thank you to our donors!
Christine Lessau • Creative Organizing Solutions • Tomas and Ramona Nañez
Tomas, Lillian, and Isabella Nañez • Cathy Rocke • Daniel and Ivy Cervantes
Robert Scott and Jill Scott