Join us daily from Noon-1pm during National Public Health Week for a Lunch & Learn session hosted by our very own NMPHA Regional Representatives!
We will be using this zoom link everyday.
View this preview video of NMPHA's Public Health Week!
Monday, April 4th - Metro Region
"Factors in COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy Among African Americans"hosted by Vanessa Al Rashida, MD, MPH
"Health Equity Council: Public Health Initiative" hosted by Matt Cross-Guillen, MA with Rashid Ahmad
Tuesday, April 5th - Northeast Region
“100% San Miguel – OpportUNITY for All” hosted by Kimberly Blea, Ed.D with Matt Probst, PA-C
Wednesday, April 6th - Northwest Region
“Grassroots Initiatives Working Toward a Healthy New Mexico” hosted by Diana Lopez, SCPS with Youth from Independence High School, Eric Krizizke, Farmington Municipal Schools, and Marie Johnson, School Nutrition Program Coordinator
Thursday, April 7th - Southeast Region
"Southeast New Mexico Health Promotion: Bringing Regional Community Barriers to Light!" hosted by Joann Palomino with Celia Fisher, SE Overdose Prevention Coordinator; Laura Wilson, Clinical RN-Health Promotion Specialist; Sarah Bowman, Health Equity Specialist; Deborah Gentry, Health Promotion Educator
Friday, April 8th - Southwest Region
"Voices from the Field Emerging and in Practice" hosted by Kristen Hernandez-Ortega, MPH & Holly Mata, Ph.D., MCHES, CPH with:
NMSU Public Health students highlighting their Field Experiences with community organizations:
- Nadia Casas, Las Americas Immigrant Advocacy Center
- Tierney Wallace, Metro Interfaith, Upstate NY Affordable Housing
- JoJo Delgado, NMSU Department of Public Health Sciences
- Brenda Vega de Leon, Otero County Community Health Council
Community Practitioners highlighting current initiatives:
- Autumn Hobson, The Counseling Center
- Ursala Bowe & Kayla Blanchard, Otero County Community Health Council
- Jen Gruger, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center