NMPHA Health Policy Legislative Forums
NMPHA convenes this statewide Health Policy Legislative Forum every year to bring together organizations and individuals who are advocating for legislative policies in the New Mexico Legislature. The Forum provides an opportunity to share potential and proposed legislation, to build alliances and find partners, and to learn how the New Mexico Legislature functions. In addition, workshops on special topics are presented to encourage dialogue and deepen our awareness.
Each year a booklet is published with information on all proposals that are presented during the Health Policy Legislative Forum.
Links to 2012 PowerPoint Presentations and Other Documents:
Health Care Reform in New Mexico: Key Issues for Low-Income New Mexicans, Kelsey McCowan Heilman, Center on Law and Poverty
Ensuring Affordable Coverage in New Mexico's Health Insurance Exchange, Kelsey McCowan Heilman, Center on Law and Poverty
Medicaid Opportunity - Issue Brief
Exchange Tax Credits and Subsidies - Fact Sheet
Exchanges: Health Insurance Made Easy
Economic and Fiscal Impacts of the Proposed Medicaid Expansion in New Mexico, BBER
Health Equity in New Mexico Now, Jessica Jensen and Lori Ann Loera, Health Equity Partnership, Santa Fe Community Foundation
- Health Policy Legislative Forum 2011 - December 7, 2011 - Marriott Hotel, Albuquerque
- Health Policy Legislative Forum 2009 - December 8, 2009 - Hotel Andaluz, Albuquerque
- Health Policy Legislative Forum 2008 - December 10, 2008 - Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, Albuquerque
- Health Policy Legislative Forum 2007 - December 6, 2007 - CNM Workforce Training Center, Albuquerque
- Health Policy Legislative Forum 2006 - November 30, 2006 - MCM Elegante, Albuquerque
Following the Forum, the NMPHA Policy Committee meets to discuss the proposals and make recommendations to the NMPHA Board of Directors regarding policies/proposals that should be endorsed.
NMPHA Endorsements for 2011 NM Legislative Session
NMPHA Endorsements for 2010 NM Legislative Session
NMPHA Endorsements for 2009 NM Legislative Session